Retirement Online is the most efficient way to apply for your retirement. Located in your secure ORBIT account, Retirement Online is available 120 days from your retirement date for members of the Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (TSERS) and Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System (LGERS).
Before you begin, view our Retirement Online Video Guides. This series offers an introduction to the application and prepares you for Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3.
The Retirement Online application delivers a guided experience through the process with integrated videos, on-screen examples and links at critical decision-making points and timely notifications when you reach certain milestones.
If you are thinking about retirement, start preparing now and make sure that you:
- are able to access your ORBIT account,
- are using your personal email address as your primary contact in ORBIT,
- review the Retirement Online process map,
- talk to your HR staff and let them know your intentions and follow any internal process your employer has in place,
- attend a Retirement Planning Conference or schedule a one-on-one virtual appointment;
- take the time to create a Custom Benefit Estimate (in your ORBIT account), and
- click Apply for Retirement Online in the left menu bar to start your application (120 days from your retirement date).
Click here to access ORBIT or register
Click here for online retirement process map